October 13, 2009

About the blog


Often, when I'm in the midst of playing a video game, I notice a design that's exceptionally creative, that has a lot of potential but didn't quite get to shine or one that's so poorly-designed that even I feel like hanging my head in shame.
And since game designer is something that I strive to be (it's a whole nother story if I can ever reach that goal), I decided it's finally time to write all those thoughts down. Although I'm mostly doing this to learn something through other designers' mistakes and triumphs, I'd love it if a person or two gave their opinions or challenged my thoughts. And what better way to do that than to start a weblog and throw myself in the middle of all those other 112 million blogs?

That's about what "Small Observations, Big Designs" (or SOBD for us lazy people) is. I first thought about writing game reviews, but I realized that there are already over nine thousand websites doing them better I ever could and decided to fully focus on praising and scolding game designs.

- TM

No comments:

Post a Comment